Thursday, October 14, 2010

Helvetica


                   Helvetica is developed by Edward Hoffmann in Switzerland and he named his new design as Helvetica which is the original Latin name for Switzerland. Hoffmann’s new design becomes an internationally used typeface. After I watched this film ‘Helvetica’ and I realized that Helvetica is more than just a typeface. I never know there is a history behind and how it has a tremendous effect to our lives. As I more pay attention to the fonts, I notice Helvetica is everywhere. Additionally, it is a bit of shock how  Helvetica can be fit in every single part of our lives. As the graphic designer, Wim Crouwel illustrates, Helvetica is also be used by US government moreover by other countries. I believe it is difficult to invent a standard design that can be used in our everyday lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment